Publish date: 05.02.22
After years of acquisitions and change spurred on by the COVID-19 pandemic, it was time for Xeretec to explore UCaaS to accommodate mobility and home working. Forced office closures and staff working from home initially disrupted operations as there was a lack of ability to transfer calls and the need to resort to mobiles led to workarounds and dependence on voicemails; particularly limiting when it came to helpdesk responses. With ISDN going end of service life in December 2025, and in a world where hybrid working is the new normal, Xeretec was attracted by possible benefits of UCaaS from 8x8.Download Case Study
“After seeing the value 8×8 can provide our customers, it quickly became obvious that it was a solution we should consider deploying ourselves. After some internal discussions, we did exactly that.” Steve Hawkins, Chief Executive, Xeretec
To implement a modern communication solution suited to hybrid working and the needs of the business including our helpdesk facility.
- Disparate systems, lines, phones, and service providers making it hard to track total spend and manage runaway contract costs
- Unnecessary dial-out costs incurred when inbound calls were being transferred back out to staff mobile phones, home numbers, and premium services.
- Inability to transfer calls internally between all offices, resulting in costly PSTN usage
- Data siloes and patchy hardware from historic acquisitions, potentially impacting customer service
- Varying Microsoft Teams call plans for different users, leading to sub-optimal tariffs
- Lack of visibility on the number of calls being made, coming into the business, left unanswered and response time statistics
- 8×8 Voice and Contact Centre with Integrations to ServiceNow, Salesforce and Microsoft Teams.
“Our staff can now answer calls and have all the information about our clients at their fingertips. 8×8 has enabled us to provide this service and therefore a better experience to our customers.” Steve Hawkins, Chief Executive, Xeretec